November 25th, 2011
Welcome to the Taylored Expressions Black Friday Tag Hop!!! We’re celebrating the biggest shopping day of the year with a Tag Hop and a HUGE SALE!
- Hop around for tons of inspiration for your holiday tag making. Link list below.
- One lucky customer will win a set of 10 tags (one each of the tags featured in today’s hop.) Everyone who places an order at Taylored Expressions Friday – Monday (11/25 – 11/28) and writes “I want those tags!” in the comments section of the order form will be entered to win. The winner will be announced on Taylor’s blog on Tuesday 11/29.
- Introducing Tags & Tag-a-longs kits designed so you can quickly and easily create your own tags inspired by today’s samples.
- Black Friday Sale – enter coupon code BLACKFRIDAY2011 on any order Friday through Monday to save 10-30% off your entire order! HURRY! The earlier you shop, the MORE you SAVE! Details on the TE Store homepage.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Taylored Expressions is running an amazing Black Friday Sale and I’m super happy to be participating in a Hop & Swap with some of the Baker’s Dozen. We each created a set of tags, so we can swap. Here’s what I made.
My tag features Penguin Pals with the 12 Days of Christmas Project Pantry (cardstock, ribbon, patterned paper), along with Tag Treats Die Cuts, wide eyelets (Cool Metal), Baker’s Twine (Ladybug and Limeade), and Viva Decor Pens (Paper Pen in Light Carmine Red and Pearl Pen in Cream.)
The image was stamped on TE Choice Snow White cardstock and punched with a 1″ circle punch. I used various circle punches and dies to forn the layers and as you can see above I used a brad to attach all of the top layers to the bottom layer. The top swings open to reveal the “to and from”. I used these new Viva Decor pens to dot little “pearls” around the circles as well as to add a nice thick layer of glitter to the little penguin’s hat. These pens are quite easy to use as they have a nice even flow to them. It takes less than an hour for the “pearls” to totally dry. The pearl pens have a really nice pearly finish and the paper pens have more of a glossy look. You’ll definitley want to add a couple of these to your cart when your shopping the TE sale!
After you’ve hopped around and seen all the tags in the hop, I bet you’re going to want to create some of your own! Taylor has put together some great little kits – Tags & Tag-a-longs – to make it super easy! These will be great for Christmas, but you might also want to think ahead to Valentine’s Day (that pink pack is calling my name!), Easter, and birthdays. Once you start playing with tags, you’ll be addicted! Of course you can also order the items separately. The Tag Treats Die Cuts come in sets of 10 in your choice of 40 colors.
Now let’s check out the rest of the Hop!
Jami Sibley <—- you are here
Thanks for stopping by. Have fun with your Black Friday Shopping!
March 22nd, 2009
So…Anna tagged Val and Val tagged Lori and Jenn who BOTH tagged me! I was told to go to my digital photo files and pick out the 6th photo in the 6th folder. My photos aren’t nearly as organized as I’d like, so I wasn’t too sure how this would work. I had to laugh when (after skipping over the all the folders labeled “blog-something” and “card-something”) I found this photo that happenes to have Val in it!
That’s Jen del Muro in the middle and this photo was taken in my kitchen in December of ’06 when Jen was visiting family in SoCal and a bunch of us SCSers got together to stamp/play at my house and then went out to dinner. My Cuttlebug was pretty new and if I remember correctly we were trying to convince Jen that she needed one. So Jen – how did that work out? Also in the photo are Alora, Sue, Val, Joy and Debbie. Good times!!
And now I must tag 6
Here’s the deal ladies:
•Open your photo folder on your computer
•Open the 6th folder of photos
•Select the 6th picture
•Post the picture on your blog with a description
•Invite six friends to join the challenge
•Link your six friends to your blog post
Hope you are having a great weekend. Curt has an awful cold so we stayed home from church today. So surprised that we got some rain this morning, but looks like it has cleared up now. Thanks for stopping by.
September 20th, 2007
Here’s my card for the Wednesday Sketch Challenge on SCS. Check out the Challenge here.
I think sketch challenges are my very favorite ones to play/create with because coming up with creative layouts is not one of my strengths. Starting with the basic layout already done allows me to let go and let the creative juices flow. I know that playing that challenge over time has made me a better stamper! And those layouts are a wonderful reference to go back to as well. If you haven’t been playing the challenges at SCS I strongly encourage you to *just do it*! Pick at least one challenge each week (there’s a different one every day to choose from – inspiration piece, color, techniques, etc.) and PLAY! Here’s a link to the entire Challenge Forum. Everyone is welcome!
I didn’t intend for this to be a Christmas card, but I think that’s what it is now. I’m really liking this color combo of Real Red, Artichoke and Creamy Caramel. I was so proud of myself for making a card without any designer paper – see I’m NOT addicted! bwahahahahaa! It was great to get back to my roots with this tone on tone double background card using Paisley and Flannel Plaid. The red berries (Abundant Joy) are covered in Crystal Effects for shine and dimension. Of course I had to use my new toy – the photo corner punch. And I detailed the punches with a little piercing. This is my first time using the 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon – I can see lots of possibilities for it. Red rhinestones and a big pearl brad are the finishing touches to give this card a feeling of elegance and the holidays.
I’ve been tagged by Taylor and I found this round of questions particularly funny.
1. YOUR ROCKSTAR NAME (first pet, current car): Robere 300C
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (favorite ice cream, favorite cookie): Pistcahio Chocolate Chip
3. YOUR FLY “GUY/GIRL” NAME (first initial first name, first 3 letters last name): JSIB
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Pink Bird
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Lynn Torrance
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (first 3 letters last name, first 2 letters first name): SIBJA
7. YOUR SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink, & add “the”): The Red Reisling
8. YOUR NASCAR NAME (first names of your Grandfathers): Jack Dean
9. YOUR STRIPPER NAME (favorite perfume, favorite candy): Diva Special Dark
10. YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME (Mother’s & Father’s middle names): Nell Drew
I’m tagging some upcoming Portland peeps Jess, Lori, Joy, and Leslie. Oh my heavens – today I realized that my trip to Portland is just 3 weeks away! That is much sooner than I had realized. I have shopping to do!
Thanks for stopping by!