Aug 07 2008
WooHoo!!!! One of my favorite days of the year is when I receive the brand new Stampin’ up! Catalog and Idea Book. *It’s good to be a Demo* I ran to Carl’s Jr. to get my huge fountain Diet Coke, set up my OTT Lite (these over 40 eyes just aren’t what they used to be) and settled in on the couch for two hours of (almost uninterupted) JOY! Groceries? What groceries? Uh…sorry honey!!!
And to spread the joy I just happen to have my Sneak Peek Swaps to share with you today.
Sorry to post thumbnails, but if I size them down too much you really can’t see the individual cards. Just click on each photo to see it larger. I hosted this fabulous 3 Round Swap. My Rockin’ Swappers are:
Fresh Cuts – Britta Ward
Heard from the Heart – Taylor Van Bruggen
Wow Flowers – Jessica Newton
Sock Monkey – Janine Tinklenberg
Dreams du Jour – Lori Craig
Bella Rosa Designer Paper – Tandra Boyer
Surprise me with any of the above – Jen Moneagle
Fall Flair – Jen Moneagle
Deer Friends – Jessica Newton
Occasions Collection or Dreams du Jour – Lisa Hoekstra
Serene Spring – JanTink
Heard from the Heart – Crystal Caspen
Window Dressing – Deborah Robb
Sock Monkey – Bev Gerard (not pictured)
Round 3 This round is based on the new in-colors.
- Baja Breeze – Tandra Boyer
- Kiwi Kiss – Leann Yoho
- Pacific Point – Britta Ward
- Pink Pirouette – Tracy Harp
- Riding Hood Red – Jen del Muro
- Tangerine Tango – Crystal Caspen
- Pink Pirouette AND Riding Hood Red – Sharon Maranich
Seriously – aren’t they fabulous??? You can see their individual uploads with details in the SCS gallery by clicking here. Looks like not everyone has uploaded yet. The Swap Nazi might need to crack the whip a bit! Bwahahahahahaha!
I LOVE so many things about the new catalog.
*SPOILER ALERT* If you have not seen the catty and don’t want to read spoilers (like I didn’t) then read no further.
Some things I LOVE:
- Sweet Bella Style Watch – I am all over that one – the colors, the images, everything – it’s SO ME!!!
- New punches – love all four – scallop edge, wide oval, scallop square, 1 3/4″ circle PLUS the Curly Label Punch Bundle – love the whole set and am so happy they took the ink spots out!
- Designer Papers – especially Bella Rose, Georgia Peach, Parisian Summer and the new monochromatic Patterns. Also love love love that they printed the names of the coordinating cardstock colors with each dp. GENIUS!
- Favorite new ribbons – Riding Hood Red Taffeta, Sage Shadow Grosgrain (not that there is anything all that exciting about it, but I have wished for some kind of ribbon in Sage Shadow for years!)
- Favorite embellishments – designer brads – especially Filigree – wow!
- Stamp sets – well I need to really go through the catty a bunch more times, but some of the sets I wrote down on my first impression list are: Humor in High Heels (p54), Cheers to You (p54), A Flower for All Seasons (87), Bella’s Bloom (103), A Rose is a Rose (105), Beautiful Borders (132)
- Die Cut stamps – hallelujah – all new stamp sets are die cut!!!!
- Techniques tutorials – a full page at the begining of each new section – this is awesome!
- Never Before Seen Savings on Never Before Seen Stamps – can you believe SU is offering 15% off 10 brand new sets? I am floored by this!!!! So cool!
So, here are my questions to you….what is your favorite
- New stamp set?
- New item in the Accessories section (p161-195)?
- feature about the catalog itself?
I’m off to work – be sure to join me tomorrow morning for a double challenge Friday. Thanks for stopping by.
7 responses so far